The upcoming 2023 Lincoln Dinner special Key Note speaker is U.S. Congressman Matt Gaetz
Attention the Lincoln Dinner tickets for 2023 have officially ended.
Recent Work and Announcements By Congressman Gaetz:
- Opposition to the Biden-McCarthy Debt Limit Deal Representative Gaetz voted against the Biden-McCarthy debt limit deal, arguing, "I have been consistent on this point because I think it is a fair criticism of really the last half-century in Washington under both parties that no one is ever really responsible for national debt. We create this mystified system where everyone is allowed to blame somebody else but what I know is the credit bill is reached. The credit limit is reached and when that happens, it is an appropriate time to talk about some of our spending. I think we need deep, vertical cuts in unauthorized federal entities, for example, the Department of Education, the Department of Labor. But we never seem to have those discussions and I was critical of the budgets the Congress embraced during the Trump era. I voted against virtually all of them and it's my hope that we're able to get some kind of bipartisan consensus that we can't continue to spend this way or social security will be in jeopardy, Medicare will be in jeopardy and really the U.S. dollar as the global reserve currency will be more threatened than any other time in our lives."
- Combating Campaign Donation Fraud Following O'Keefe Media Group's investigative report that revealed a "national plot to utilize senior citizens matching a similar profile as vehicles to launder millions of dollars into political campaigns," Rep. Gaetz has introduced a bill called Put Zombie Donors to Rest Act, which "would amend the Internal Revenue Code to require a billing address and credit verification value (CVV) for contributions to political organizations."
- Demanding Accountability Over Mishandling of Jan. 6th Committee Files and Lawyer who Lobbied for Trump Indictment Rep. Gaetz has introduced a resolution to censure Rep. Bennie Thompson (MS-02) because he either "intentionally violated or recklessly neglected" the Rule VII requirement "to turn over all committee records to the Clerk of the House at the close of Congress, in order to further transparency and to preserve the historical record of Congress." Gaetz has also introduced a resolution holding lawyer Mark Pomerantz in contempt of Congress for evading questions under a "frivolous assertion." Gaetz explained: "Through his lack of testimony, Mark Pomerantz has undoubtedly undermined the legitimacy of this witch hunt indictment against President Donald Trump. Mr. Pomerantz pled the Fifth to nearly every question about his time in the Manhattan DA’s office, despite writing a tell-all book about his time there."
- Opposition to "Family Friendly" drag show on Nevada Air Force Base After Rep. Gaetz sent a letter challenging the Department of Defense to investigate and justify taxpayer funded drag shows (including ostensibly "family friendly," child-permitted events) on military bases, the "family friendly" drag show planned for Pride Month at Nellis Air Force Base in Nevada was canceled.
- ATF Accountability Forum On Monday, June 26, 2023 at 10:00 A.M. - 12:00 P.M. CDT, Rep. Gaetz will be hosting an ATF Accountability forum regarding increased targeting of federal firearms license holders in FL-01. This field hearing will take place at the Okaloosa County Administrative Complex Commissioners Chambers in Shalimar, FL.